The immunity level of the body becomes low during monsoon. There are several infections taking place in the body which lead to number of diseases related to different systems. There can be stomach problems like indigestion, dysentery, and typhoid or there can be respiratory problems like common cold, cough andasthma and also skin problems like eczema, rashes, prickly heat boils and pimples. The season tends to infect the air, atmosphere, surroundings food and drinks that are the basic necessities for a person to live. Skin and hair also cannot be left behind from the harsh treatment of the moist humid rainy weather
Best skin care tips for this rainy season | monsoon
After bearing that extreme heat of the sun, those sunburns, tans, sweaty (and stinky) summer days. Monsoon comes as a sign of relief. But what about the tons of infections, it gets along with it, given to its damp and humid weather? Well its unavoidable. Every season comes with some good news and some bad news and upto us to embrace it and make the best use of it. Today in this post we shall discuss about some of the best skin care tips for this rainy season.
Its been proven over the years that little changes in the way you take care of your skin could have a positive effect on you during this monsoon season. Read further to know better of various skin types:
Dry skin type
Undoubtedly dryness is a result of lack of vitamins that helps in repairing dry and damaged skin. It also means that the skin isn’t properly hydrated as a result of which it looks and feel dry. And to top it all the condition becomes worse during the monsoon. Now how do you combat this condition of your skin? Well its very easy, just follow these simple tips:
- Drink as much water as you can. Do not stop drinking water even if it leads to frequent urination. Water consumption hydrates your body and flushes out all the unwanted toxins.
- Use cleansers that are clean based.
- Moisturize your skin frequently. This will help in increasing the keep the outer layer of your skin properly hydrated, thereby leaving it with a soft, supple and moist look.
- You may also use rose water and glycerin to keep your skin healthy
- Keep away from alcohol based toners.
Oily skin type
The main reason behind having oily skin is hormonal changes that are genetically determined. There is nothing much one can do to change skin condition permanently, however little changes in the way you take care of your skin will bring about a slow and gradual change in the way it feels and looks. Follow these easy tips to keep your skin in good condition:
- Wash your face almost 3-4 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face. Do not over do it as too much of washing leads to
- Use facial scrubs regularly as it will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it. Try and use natural scrubs instead of chemical based ones.
- Stay away from using heavy cleansing products.
- Use home remedies such as pack made of chick -pea flour (also known as besan) and milk, lemon and honey etc that rejuvenates your skin and leaves it looking fresh and glowing.
- Try using hot water to wash your face instead of cold or lukewarm water. This will help in dissolving the oil on the skin in a better way thereby leaving it supple and soft.
Combination skin type
As it is a combination of oily and dry skin, such skin types should be taken extra care. The dry part of it should be cleansed and moisturized regularly and the oily part of it should be cleaned, scrubbed and toned to match the dry skin type.
Be it any skin type there are few tips that needs to be followed religiously to keep it in a healthy condition, these include:
- As mentioned earlier, drinks loads of water. This is one of the best and the cheapest way to attain good, healthy and flawless skin, irrespective of the season. Try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday and you would definitely notice a drastic change within 2-3 months.
- Wash your face a 2-3 times daily with a anti-bacterial face wash.
- Just dab dry the face and don’t rub it with a towel. this will make the skin look rough and dry.
- Moisturize the skin regularly.
- Scrub your face twice a week.
- Use face packs depending on your skin condition.
- As far as possible use natural home remedies than chemical based products.
Beauty skin care tips in monsoon
Skin care tips
- Keep the skin moist by using soap free cleansers and scrubs
- Toning needs to be done with an alcohol free toner to prevent dryness of the skin.
- Sunscreen lotion must be used even if the sun is not visible.
- Facials and bleaching make the skin rough during rains, hence should be avoided or at least limited.
- Water proof light make up will be a better choice in rains than heavy cream based make ups.
- Prevent the lips from cracking by using milk cream regularly and avoiding dark color lipsticks.
- The skin of the whole body must be kept clean with the help of manicure, pedicure and waxing.
- Use warm water instead of cold water to clean the face after coming home from outside.
Hair care tips
- Monsoon is the time of humidity which creates itchiness on the scalp. It is recommended that warm coconut oil massage will help to get rid of itchiness. If there is dandruff in the scalp, massage with neem oil.
- Prevent thehair fromgetting drenched inrain, but if does happen it is best to shampoo the hair as soon as possible and then dry them.
- Monsoon season demands a conditioner after a mild gentle shampoo.
- Hair coloring must be avoided during the rainy season.
- Natural herbal products are better than heavy chemical shampoos in rains as they help to maintain the shine and natural look of the hair.
- Try the hairstyles that are more natural in look than elaborate ones.
- Avoid blow driers and try to dry hair with a towel to retain the moisture.
Health care tips
Monsoon showers are God sent relief from the scorching heat of the summers. Most of us tend to forget that along with relief rain pollutes the air, food and surroundings which are dangerous to the health of a person. It can cause water borne diseases like jaundice, diarrhea, dysentery and cholera. People with weak immunity system, children and elderly people are prone to diseases of the lungs, rheumatism and arthritis and other infectious diseases.
Special and extra care is required for the body during the monsoons. There is more water borne diseases during monsoon. Water gets contaminated with the seepage of chemicals and garbage. Monsoon develops breeding grounds for bacteria. Foods, vegetables and fruits sold in the open places are all polluted with germs.
Tips to prevent the health menace during monsoon
- Most of the diseases are associated with food during monsoon causing fungal bacterial and viral infections in the body. Healthy diet is the best option to avoid these problems.
- All the vegetables and fruits must be washed to clear the worms and germs thriving on them.
- Drink plenty of filtered water to avoid dehydration.
- Different virus attack on the body when it is cool, hence the body must be kept warm. Vegetable soups will help to keep the body warm
- Thereis greater possibility of germs developing on uncooked foods and salads during monsoon which should be avoided. Freshly cooked food is the safest. Salads can be blanched in warm water to disinfect them.
- Keep the body clean and do not eat food from open vendors.
- People suffering from lung diseases like cough cold and asthma and diabetes should stay away from walls with damp walls where fungus can grow easily.
- Spices like ginger, garlic, pepper andcoriander should be added in the diet to help in improving the immunity system and to assist in digestion.
- Regular exercise will help to keep the body healthy and fit. Some believe that heavy physical exercises during monsoon must be avoided.
- Prevention is better than cure. So vaccination against diseases like hepatitis must be done.
- Humidity and dampness lead to fungal infections. It is advisable to light loose clothes and keep the skin dry.
After experiencing scorching summer days, we feel relieved with the arrival of monsoon. The splashes of water over our face and skin will be really soothing. But there are some cautions we need to address when it is the arrival of monsoon. The change in season can bring variety of diseases that can directly affect your skin. You can now discover top skin care tips. Monsoon is the weather where you can get fungal infections. This can affect your skin and makes it scaly. If you don’t take care of it at the preliminary level, it might give rise to severe skin problems.
Top skin care tips for this monsoon
Some ladies regularly apply bleach over their face to get a glow. But, skin care tips for monsoon include avoiding of bleaching. You may use bleach in any other season but monsoon is the season when bleaches should be strictly avoided. This can even make your face rough.
Coconut oil for lips
Your lips are also a part of your skin which should be nourished and cared on a regular basis. Monsoon is the season when your lips become chapped and dry. The natural way of skin care is applying coconut oil at night before going to sleep. This is one among effective monsoon skin acre tips.
Oatmeal scrub for oily skin
If your skin is oily, the best way to remove excessive oil during monsoon is through the oatmeal scrub. This is also a skin care tip for all those with limitless oil secretion during monsoon. You have to add little honey to the oatmeal and apply over your face. Rub it to use as a scrubber and then wash away.
Almond and honey for dry skin
The skin care tip for dry skin during monsoon includes a combination of almond and honey. You have to grind almond and make very small grains and then apply honey to mix it proportionately. Apply it on your face and rub with finger tips. The dead skin so formed will be easily removed with this skin care treatment.
Source Link :https://beautyhealthtips.in/best-skin-care-tips-for-this-monsoon-rainy-season/