Most of the women feel unpleasant because of dark knees and elbows. Women try to cover their elbows and not able to wear tops with roll up sleeves. You may feel unpleasant look which can draw everyones attention with dark elbows and knees. But, here there are some simple tips to get rid of dark, dry thick elbow skin quickly and naturally. This a common problem due to dermal issues. Not only elbows, darkening of skin over the knees are also a common problem.
Darkening of skin over the elbows and knees can be caused such as prolonged exposure to sunlight, dryness and friction of skin. Try to avoid using chemical products, instead you can try for natural home made products to get rid of dark elbows and knees. Here, you have some easy, quick, and useful tips for you. With these natural home remedies you can dare to have shorts, short sleeves without embarrassment.
Effective ways to get rid of dark knees and elbows
Use baking soda and milk home remedy for dark skin
- Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda and add a sufficient amount of milk to form a thick paste. Apply the paste on your knees and elbows and scrub gently. Apply it in circular motion. Repeat this for every 2 days to get better results.
- Milk has lactic acid, which helps in reduction of pigmentation. Baking soda has exfoliating property.
How to use turmeric, honey and milk tips for dark knees and elbows?
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric with 1 tablespoon of honey and milk. Mix them well to get a smooth paste. Apply this paste and leave it for about 20 minutes. After that, rub the dark area (you can apply water to moisten the pack) for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse it off with water and can see better results by continuing the process.
- Turmeric, milk and honey has antibacterial, whitening and moisturizing properties, giving your elbows and knees a lighter and smoother texture.
Use sugar and olive oil to get rid of dark knees and elbows
- Take sugar and olive oil in equal quantities and mix them to form a thick paste. Apply it on your dark knees and elbows. Rub this paste on the affected skin for about 5 to 7 minutes and then wash it off with water and mild soap.
- Sugar has natural exfoliating property that helps in removal of dry and dead skin cells. Olive oil tends to moisturize your skin.
Ways to use lemon and honey for bleaching
- Take each 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and honey. Mix them well and apply the potion on darker skin areas and let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse off with plain water. Repeat it thrice a week to see positive results.
- Lemon has better natural bleaching agents and honey the best moisturizer.
Use lemon extract with gram flour to lighten dark black skin
- Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour and mix it with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this mixture and rub it on the affected skin in circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes. And let it dry for a few minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Lemon works as a good bleaching agent where as gram flour can be used for skin tan removal and skin softener.
Use turmeric and heavy cream for skin tingle
- Take a some portion of heavy cream. Boil it to make a thick substance that is heavy cream. Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric and add half a cup of Bengal gram flour. Mix them well to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on your knees or elbows in a circular motion. Wash it off after 2 minutes as it removes dead skin. Turmeric gives a yellowish-orange tinge to your dark skin, and it can fade away in a day or two with better results.
- Turmeric has antibacterial properties, and acts as a bleaching agent. It can reduce melanin pigments.
Try vinegar and yogurt to lighten the skin
- Take a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and yogurt. Mix them well in a bowl to form a thick paste. Rub the mixture gently on the affected areas in a circular motion. Rinse it off after competing 20 to 25 minutes.
- Vinegar and yogurt have acetic and lactic acid properties. Both these ingredients help in lightening of the dark skin on elbows and knees.
Lemon juice can alone do wonders to bleach your skin
- Lemon is best for skin lightening, cut a lemon into 2 pieces. Squeeze out the fresh lemon juice and don’t through away hollow halves. You can just rub the lemon halves properly on your dark knees and elbows to lighten skin tone. You can also remove the excess pulp sticking to your skin (if any), but let the juice stay there for 3 hours. Rinse off the lemon juice with lukewarm water and apply some moisturizing lotion or petroleum jelly.
- As lemon contains citric acid, and helps to bleach your dark skin naturally without any side effects.
Aloe vera gel to lighten skin
Aloe vera gel helps to reduce the sun damaged skin. It helps to lighten skin due to overexposure of the elbows and knees to the sun. This helps to moisturize your skin and it helps to prevent the dryness that leads to darkening of the skin. Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and take out gel from it. Apply this fresh gel to the dark knees and elbows to remove tan. Leave it for 30 minutes to get fresh looking skin near elbows and knees. Repeat it 1 – 2 times daily for a few weeks.
Coconut oil for dark knees and elbows
Coconut oil is the best natural home remedy that helps to lighten dark knees and elbows. Coconut oil has Vitamin E that helps to lighten the skin tone. It also prevents dryness and keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized. Coconut oil has a property of repairing dark and damaged skin due to heavy exposure to the sun. Take some coconut oil and apply it on your knees and elbows after shower. Massage gently for 1 – 2 minutes and reapply several times a day to prevent dryness.
Another method, you can prepare a mixture of 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix them well and apply this solution on your dark elbows and knees. Let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes. Wipe it off with paper towels and repeat it once a day.
How to get rid of dark black skin on elbows and knees with mint leaves?
Mint has several volatile oils and helps to promote collagen in the body. It helps to maintain an even skin tone and makes your skin glow with health. You just boil a half cup of water with a handful of mint leaves for about 2 – 3 minutes. Add half lemon juice into that solution. Now, strain the solution and let it cool. Then after, soak a cotton ball in this solution and rub it on your knees and elbows. Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. Repeat it 1 – 2 times daily for best results.
Cucumber best natural home remedy for dark skin tone
Cucumber is the best natural homemade remedy for dark knees and elbows. Take a fresh cucumber and cut it into pieces. Mash them well to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on dark skin and leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Cucumber has a property that can boost your skin tone naturally at home.
Orange peels and honey to get rid of dark skin on knees and elbows
Orange peel and honey have natural bleaching property which can lighten skin tone. Take orange peel and dry it. Grind it into a smooth powder. Add sufficient amount of honey into orange peel powder. Mix them well to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected skin of dark knees and elbows. Massage gently in circular motion to remove dead skin. Leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water to get best results
Sandalwood powder and rose water to prevent dark skin
Sandalwood powder has antibiotic property which acts as a natural cleanser. Take some sandalwood powder and mix it with rose water. Mix it well that can form a thick paste. Apply this paste on the dark knees and elbows. Let it dry for some time. Rinse it off with water to give lighten the skin by removing dead skin.
Potato and rose water for skin lightening
Potato and rose water acts as a tan removing agent. Potato even has bleaching property. Take a potato and peel its skin off. Then, grate the potato and mix it to form a thick paste by adding the required amount of rose water. Mix them well and apply it on the affected area of dark skin. Leave it for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
Ways to lighten skin tone with papaya
Papaya has many beauty and health benefits. Papaya can be used to lighten skin complexion. It has natural bleaching properties and is rich in nutrients that are required for skin glow and health. Eat a fresh papaya which has cleansing property that can cleanse the skin impurities that causes dark skin. Otherwise, take inner part of the papaya and apply it on your face. Let it dry for some and then wash it off with cold water. This gives a natural glow on repeated use daily.
For dark knees and elbows, mash a ripe papaya and mix it well with a cup of lemon juice. Massage this paste on darker skin and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. Repeat the process once in a week for better results.
Source Link : https://beautyhealthtips.in/effective-tips-to-get-rid-of-black-knees-and-elbow/